Thursday, June 26, 2008

Extra Recycling Bins - Find Them Here!

Bit of good news here (well at least it's news to me). Recently, whilst digging around on the local Conwy County Borough Council web site, I noticed that buried quite deep within the pages relating to kerbside recycling and collection, you can actually order new green recycling boxes and bags at no extra cost. (At least no explicit cost - don't get me started on the Council Tax).

Given that there are five of us in my household, and that we regularly run out of containers for the recyclable waste and other rubbish that we generate now that collections are done on alternate weeks, I decided to give this a whirl.

It was all easy enough, I simply completed the online form, and within a week a nice, shiny new recycling box was waiting for me as I returned home from a business trip down to London. Result.

After a long wait, a group of elderly Abergele residents rejoice as they make use of a new recycling point to dispose of their used syringes, burnt spoons and blocked crack pipes.

I thought I'd pop this down on the blog because there are probably quite a large number of people in around the Abergele area that don't even realise that this is general council policy. (Also, I'm pretty desperate for things to write about as you can probably tell).

In fact, if you rummage around a bit more on their web-site you even find the statement:
You may request additional boxes and bags as you feel is necessary to enable you to recycle waste.
Isn't that nice of the council? I think it is, and I also think that it shows their genuine committment to helping us all behave in a slightly more eco-friendly manner.

Of course, there's no telling how long this policy will stay in effect if everyone starts requesting extra recycling boxes and bags....but I guess there's only one way to find out. :0)

More information on all things council and in particular kerbside recycling can be found here.

No comments: